AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone ever seen such a cool summer? How will it affect the crops?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

95h
Posted 8/11/2008 11:50 (#432913 - in reply to #432603)
Subject: RE: Cool?? YUP,, but depends on area..

Kittitas Co. Wa. State

Dutch for the area's of the nation that are "generally" cooler yup it is cooler. And,, for the area's of the country that are "generally" warm it is warmer there.

AL BORE and his "sky is falling" snake oil sales pitch,, well about the best thing that's happened is his "doomday" bs has made him fantastically RICH, a nobel prize, and millions in Movie deals.

From what I've read from several scientific articles is the climate IS changing,, but NOT necessarily "global warming".. If it rains normally,, it will rain more. If its hot normally it will be hotter.  If it's dry normally it will be drier. If it's snowy it will be snowier. etc.etc.etc.  It all just depends on what "normal" is for any given area of the world.

Yup it is hotter and drier in the South, South west no doubt. And, how about the Ohio, Iowa, Ill, Mo, etc. area's ?  How was their "spring" ? 

In my area temps in the mid 90's are "hot" for us,, normally it's cooler and this summer it's been cooler than normal. It's "normally" dry here,, we got our first "rain" in 3-4 months even less than we normally do,, and the rain was so little,, shoot,, I've seen a heavier dews.   We "normally" have snow in the winter,, last winter we had 170% of "normal" snowpack, this year may likely be the same or even more.

Just this last winter China had one of if not it's worst winter's on record. Same with Russia if I recall correctly.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)