AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone using the "spiral feed rotor" on Case-IH combines?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 9/12/2006 15:57 (#43263 - in reply to #43256)
Subject: RE: I talked with Worthington Ag this am re "Loewen" cone, etc..PIC's.....

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
I suspect the cone may help smooth the feed of crop material from the transition cone into the rotor,although the SS Axceller kit seems to work well without it. The pictures below show the nose of the rotor shined up from crop material rubbing on it right to the center shaft area, so in spite of the auger/impellers being a big 300-1000 rpm centrifuge which should instantly toss everything to the outside ,some material still crashes around in front of the blunt rotor nose and rubs off all the rust.
After I expressed an interest in his conversion,Mr Loewen offered me a prototype to run in one of our combines to compare to the Stewart Steel units we run now. I declined that, being our combines are not evenly matched,one being a pull type machine picking swathed grain,and the other being self propelled, mostly direct cutting with a stripper and flex head. I suspected it would generate little useful information for him,and be an extra days work swapping out the conversions for me.
You see that cone nose on the stock NH tr series rotor,the IH AFX and the JD bullet rotor, so do they know something,or is it just a case of monkey see,monkey do. The cone looks like it should help for an even feed.

Edited by Jon Hagen 9/12/2006 23:28

(acceller.JPG)

(Ready for the axceller.JPG)

(Axceller rotor2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments acceller.JPG (64KB - 276 downloads)
Attachments Ready for the axceller.JPG (55KB - 249 downloads)
Attachments Axceller rotor2.jpg (33KB - 254 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)