AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

utility tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Omar
Posted 8/10/2008 20:27 (#432523 - in reply to #431929)
Subject: RE: utility tractor

Elmira, Ontario

Since no one's thrown you a lifeline regarding the Deeres, I'll give you a pointer. The 6330 would be the direct replacement for the 2955 (same hp at 85 Pto hp, but the new tractors have a lot more torque rise). The 6430 wouldn't be a huge amount of money more. These come in two open station versions, flat deck, and low profile. The low profile would put you fairly close to the height you are used to with the 2955 (both seat height and folded ROPS height). The 6030 series tractors have a lot of options, so it will take a while to figure out what is important for you. I'd want the pfc hydraulics, and the 24/24 PowerQuad (which will hit 25mph, plus more ranges so you have the right one for any job), but then it's not my money!

Deere just came out with the 6D series replacing the 6003 series. The transmission in those tractors has some similarities to that in your 2955. The price might appeal to you. We should be seeing our first units this fall.

Also, the 5625 is close to the hp at 82 PTO, but some lighter than the 2955. The new 5105M is probably closer to the weight, and has a bit more hp at 90 PTO. It won't be available till next spring.

So that's three series choices just with Deere. Deere has a fourth tractor in this hp range, but it's cab only.

Since you have the 148 loader, I'm assuming you currently have a 2wd. Deere's 563 loader might be the best replacement. We sell most 6030 series with the 673 loader which is bigger and tougher, but also a bit bulkier.

On the used market, look for 6320 and 6420 tractors (or 6310/6410 if you are going back a few years). Most non-cab units on the market will be mfwd which I didn't catch if you want or not.

My final advice is the watch how the horsepower is being quoted. Your 2955 is rated at 85 PTO hp, which is roughly 100 engine hp. Lots of advertising is now done in engine horsepower.

Whatever direction you go, it's a confusing landmine out there for that sized tractor.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)