AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

KENTUCKY TRACTOR
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JK SCLA
Posted 9/11/2006 21:48 (#43093 - in reply to #42916)
Subject: Ed W, I've been insulted, but understand:

I live and farm in LA. I raise cotton, cane, soybeans, grain sorghum, corn, wheat, and do custom spraying, harvesting, and hauling. Many tractors in the south are junk. Some first class equipment does exist. For example, in the spring I sold a 2002 JD 7810 mfwd, spec'd as a cane tractor, used as a cane tractor, 1655 hrs and got 72,500 for it from a local guy that knew my stuff. Paid $82,100 new

I have had to go as far as London OH for my last two 8400's and Lorenzo tx and Garden city ks in the past. I will however put my 1977 JD 4630 against any other in the U.S. It gets me sick hearing people say well "its just a tractor" Dad had bought a new 4840 in 1982. The last 48 my dealer sold. It did not have a radio in it and naturally he wanted one. The shop commenced to putting it in and we walked in the shop at the same time. The mech was standing on the hood, gritty books and all, putting in the radio. At that point when dad grabbed him by the ankle he had a choice. Acknowledge his error, holler for the service mgr and agree to a new hood or take an ugly spill, and my father had the nerve, balls, and hair on his chest to do it and back it up. The hood was replaced.

There are particular people in the south and such tractors are not seen because they are picked up by neighbors before they hit a lot.

JK
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)