AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

reasoning for planting roundup corn ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

fieldwalker
Posted 8/1/2008 22:34 (#426693 - in reply to #425529)
Subject: RE: reasoning for planting roundup corn ?

Millmont, PA
I used to think there were a lot but the list grows shorter each year. In my opinion, the best way to use rr corn is with a full preemergence package down ahead and use rup to clear up any breaks. I used to think rr corn was a way to tackle perennial weed problems, wrong, turns out high rates of rup damage rr corn. I used to think rr corn was "free" since I was only paying for BT and CRW and the RR was "free", wrong. I used to think RR and CRW corn would be able to save us cont. corn guys from CRW beetle damage, wrong, we even skipped the refuge so we would kill all the worms and somehow we still had enough beetles to clip silks which I have never figured out. I used to think rr corn would let me use 1/2 rates of premerge material since I was going to follow post, wrong, you need the full rate of premerge in order to hold the weeds, rup only kills whats up, always flushes again in corn. Last, there is the efficacy issue of all this rup and its effect on the rhizosphere, nodulation, and nutrient uptake (see numerious posts) Hope this helps.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)