AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Feeding wheat straw?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

4MSU
Posted 7/1/2008 22:30 (#408133 - in reply to #407859)
Subject: Re: Feeding wheat straw?

Thanks for the info. What kind of gains do you get out of those feeders with wet DDgs and straw? I'm assuming your grinding the bales and then mixing it with the ddgs? Could you give me an example of at typical ration?

How do they bale the hay or straw and then apply the anhydrous? I can see trying to cover it with plastic and sealing it, but how do they get the anhydrous injected into the pile? I could round bale the straw cover itn and then apply it if I new how to do it without burning myself or my lungs. My idea about chopping it in the field was to avoid the grinder which I dont have and dont want to buy right now. My dump cart is set up to inject anhydrous as you chop it in the field. It came that way when I bought it last year but I havent tried to use it yet.

If you can get gains out of calves using straw it must work ok for cows. My local ethanol plant only does dry ddgs but I could add some sugar beet pulp or tailings for moisture.

Thanks for your help. I'm just trying to think of a way to feed the cows over the winter without having to keep a bunch of ground in hay.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)