AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1020 flex head problem diagnosis, required!?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jim1_ks
Posted 6/28/2008 09:09 (#406108 - in reply to #406084)
Subject: Re: 1020 flex head problem diagnosis, required!?

South Central Kansas, Harper County
Mlebrun - 6/28/2008 08:47

When i was trying to diagnose the problem I thought the wobble box was bad. When you turned it over there seemed to be a flat spot ,skip or whatever you would call it. Turns out they all are that way.
Seems the wobble boxes do not give much trouble. Even the old grease type were pretty indistructible. I'll bet its not the wobble box.
When the bar breaks you just as well replace it as the welding will break again.
Must be a common problem because after looking at alot of 1020 heads there is alot of cracking and welding on most of them.

The weld we put on the bar, is still intact, and holding well, since the first of harvest. There was definitely "play" in the arm(that attaches wobble box to sickle head), when you put a bar under it. It would wiggle, vertically up and down, and I know they are not suppose to do that. Bolt was still tight, so I'm thinking the tappered, splined shaft, must have some wear in it, as we put a new arm on. We will get a chance to try it out today, probably afternoon sometime, as it is hazy and overcast at the present time, showers flirting the area. Thanks for the error areas to check on the platform!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)