AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do custom sprayers do it?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 6/10/2008 09:07 (#394235 - in reply to #393990)
Subject: RE: How do custom sprayers do it?

cropsey, il 61731
I agree if it was easy.... I sprayed custom for a while to help pay for the sprayer and it wasn't easy. Fortunately hogs came along and I just didn't have time to do it anymore. It was pretty rare when I would get asked to spray in really good conditions, fortunately I only went through one insurance claim year (2 fields, too windy, had to get done - nicked some corn). A couple of years ago we had a problem with the sprayer and had a friend custom spray some fields and he sprayed ok. However, he didn't know the field and missed some high pressure areas that probably needed more herbicide. My wife and I thought how we probably did that all the time while custom spraying and we were glad to be out of it.

There are many good custom sprayers out their and they seem to be able to spray in some pretty tough conditions and make it work. But, that's after lots of experience (and maybe a bunch of insurance claims). I'm probably not going to get a custom license again unless rust breaks out or there is a huge demand to spray insecticide on 36" and under corn and beans - fungicides and insecticides don't kill plants if off target. Or, if like an earlier poster pointed out, all crops become RR.

My 2 gpa,

Pat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)