AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update thread with pictures of my no-till wheat experience.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 6/8/2008 23:01 (#393366 - in reply to #393332)
Subject: Part 2.

Now I move on to just the other day, june 6th.

This view is looking at that wet corner again. Really looks good considering the start it had. Still not what we need to make aliving, but better than a kick in the seat. Lots and lots of learning these past few months. I am looking so forward to building no-till tools now.

Here I'm looking eastward from the wet corner at the stuff the JD 8200 planted behind the coulter tool.

And westward from the wet corner at the stuff the GP no-till drill planted. I think I can notice a little difference......... I am irrigating the wheat.

This is a view from the tractor while pulling the water gun out toward the west, into the GP drilled stuff. A couple close ups of the strips are coming up.

This is a view from the south side of the field in the GP drilled part. I took this and a couple other pics just before we layed out the pipe, so this would be about the 4th of june or so. The drill is NOT the sole problem with these strips. They appear in the JD planted side too, just not so pronounced for some reason. I feel the coulter tool helped. However, I still dont know what is cousing the situation.

You can see the wheat is doing better on top of the old grass row. For the life of me, I cant figure that out. I may have some pictures coming up in a future thread that may shed some light on this. I found in the other field that chemical residual may be more of a problem than first thought. Anyway, let me know if you have any thoughts on this.

Another view of same.

Thanks for looking. Please comment if you would on any of the pics and help me figure out some of this newtome no-till stuff.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)