AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does anyone use seed form Curry Seed Company
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Nebraska
Posted 6/2/2008 19:00 (#389439 - in reply to #389401)
Subject: Re: Does anyone use seed form Curry Seed Company

NE Nebraska
You are right about CHS and you are right about GreenLeaf Genetics. But GreenLeaf is not a retail company. Curry is the first retail company that Pioneer has done this with. Syngenta and Pioneer are working on some things together through GreenLeaf, but still have products that are exclusive to the other.

"I would be very careful about assuming that anything they have is exclusive, as that is the standard line in most mergers and takeover for the first few years, I have been there."
Curry is able to choose inbreds from Pioneer or GreenLeaf, to do what they want. This arrangement would not work if Curry tried to sell the same hybrids that Pioneer offers. That is where the distribution companies come in.

Pioneer didn't purchase any of Curry's asset. I know this for a fact. And I didn't mean to mislead anyone about the subject of soybeans. It is no secret that Curry will sell variations of Pioneer beans, and some will definetly come out of the same seed bin. Big surprise, that is very common in the bean industry. The differences come in the form of service, seed quality, pricing, and customer support.

Companies are trying many different business models to succeed in this competative market place. Don't assume one is the same as the rest of them, even though they may be similar, they might have very different ways of getting to the ultimate goal of marketshare. If Pioneer was trying to buy market share, they would start with a larger company than Curry Seed. I think what they would like to do is regionalize there products, which is something the large companies can't do very well by themselves

Thanks for the input.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)