AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Outback E-Drive with Baseline
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

aussiertk
Posted 5/27/2014 19:53 (#3889628 - in reply to #12558)
Subject: Re: Outback E-Drive with Baseline

Australia

Mbmaring - 5/17/2006 00:00

I don't think the outback is a true RTK system. Ask them if you can get 6 miles from the base and still get a signal. Ask them if you you can use repeaters to extend the range even further. Ask them if you can save locations so you have the repeatability you are looking for. I don't know much about the outback but I know they do not call it RTK. The EZ-Steer will work with RTK and the Signal error will be under an inch you will have some steering error but I was able to take very old tractors and get the steering error to average zero. The nice thing about the Trimble RTK and EZ-Steer is you can always upgrade to the autopilot and use most of the equipment.

All comes down to how you set it up, it is a true RTK system there are two main (base) types one being a single frequency L1 which is the Baseline and dual frequency which is the A321, now originally the L1 bases were good for 10cm repeatable over a 12 month period (not fixed portable but using the same locations in field) but here in AUS we have used the successfully in a fixed location and seen an avg of no more then 5cm from the original A=B line and have baseline distances of anywhere upwards of 15kms (have one on very flat country doing 25kms). now this all comes back to the initial set up of the base the antenna that comes with the baseline is only good for around that 15kms line of sight so if you cant see it it cant see you you wont get a correction goes for all GPS systems.
Personally when you want to compare apples you dont bring up a banana, if you were to make the investment on a GPS system especially with OUTBACK i suggest to take a look into the STX terminal it has everything and more then the general broadacre farmer will need and all for a very reasonable price.
All i suggest do your homework on what is best suited to your area and dont be fooled by people that dont fully understand the working of a general GPS system

Cheers  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)