AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cotton progress
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 5/30/2008 17:31 (#387759 - in reply to #386670)
Subject: RE: Cotton progress

East Central Arkansas

We got ours planted and to a good stand. Planted the first 100 ac May 4-5 after the water started down on fields that didn't go completly under. We then bedded part of our ground that went under water and didn't get it planted till 19 - 21. Planted a few small fields notill that we didnt pull the paratill of last fall. Got a good stand on everything. Sprayed roundup yesterday on the first planted.

Did some work on the planter after planting the first 100 ac and made a big improvment in the way it plants. I replaced the cast gaurd that goes between the openers  in the planter with the beet runner gaurds. This made a big improvement in having a good clean seed trench with the seeds laying in the bottom of it. Found the ground that had been paratilled to be harder to plant than the notill or just bedding over old row. Seems the paratill lifted the stalk up and I had very little dirt covering the stalk and it would break of at ground level. I also reinstalled mly walking gauge wheels and found this to help. I don't like to use them because of the wear they cause on the gauge wheel arms. They will wear a hole in the arms and mess with your dept settings making you plant deeper than it should for that setting and when you move it one notch your to shallow because it moves out of the hole.

(100_0273 (WinCE).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 100_0273 (WinCE).JPG (12KB - 39 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)