AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crop fungicides wheat barley GOOD investment??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Flip37
Posted 5/30/2008 15:40 (#387737 - in reply to #387554)
Subject: RE: Crop fungicides wheat barley GOOD investment??

West Fargo, ND
In my area, early application at herbicide timing has become pretty much the norm. With wheat prices where they are at it takes 1/2 a bushel or less to pay for the chemical. I have used mainly tilt on the wheat, but also use Headline if the spring has started out dry and there isn't disease pressure. I think Stratego is probably the best option, it offers dual modes, the curative and the protective modes. As was discussed above, if you use Headline or Stratego with Bison Advanced it may flash. With the cool temperatures we are having right now, I'm not too worried about mixing them.... yet.

As for later, flag leaf applications in the spring wheat haven't shown as much as flowering applications. Depends on variety and weather. Putting on Folicur at flowering, weather scab conditions exist or not, seems to nearly always at least pay back. I've had growers do strips on dry years with Folicur and you could see a 5-10 bushel increase on the yield map. The strips were very clear on the map. Others haven't seen the increase. I don't push Folicur if its dry other than for doing trials. Some growers never spray at flowering, some always spray. The disease packages are getting better all the time, so positive results with fungicides are diminishing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)