AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

this really eats at me
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 5/30/2008 00:42 (#387443 - in reply to #386511)
Subject: Re: this really eats at me

southern MN
I am captain of the rag-tag old farts coed volleyball team. One guy shows up every week, smile on his face, story from work that he tells with a grin (sometimes it's a bad day for him, but he starts with a grin anyhow) and once in a while he's frustrated with things & gets around to mentioning what a rotten day he had.

One of the gals shows up each week, and it is too cold. Or too windy. Or the ref made a bad call (they make a bad call every week - they don't ref any better than we play....). Or work was just terrible. Everybody has it out for her. Man, what a bad day today was. Every - I mean _every_ week. She'll stand on the court & not even see the ball coming at her because she is telling someone what a bad day she's had..... Negative, negative, negative........

Which person is going to get more sympathy from me? Who are we all gonna look forward to seeing?

If you ever have a good day, try coming here & tell us about it. We all have bad days, we all have good days. Most of the regulars here talk about both.

I don't recall you ever starting a thread here about something good that happened to you. It's 100% woe unto me.......

I look forward to your name around here, I kinda enjoy your messages. Like to hear how things are going. But there is a balance in life, and you are missing that balance here. We all have a bad day & come here to gripe & complain. That's cool.

But it's only good manners to show up once in a while, and ask how others are, or have a good moment to share, try to lift other's spirits along the way too. Try sometime.........

A private business can set up their prices how they want - it's up to me to find my best price. I don't _like_ different prices, but I can understand some volume discount.

A coop is different - they are supposed to be a group of members coming together. I don't like preferential treatment under the coop label. That stinks. I can tolerate some small volume discounts, but it ain't right under the coop banner.

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)