AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is there anything to spray to repel turkey and deer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 5/29/2008 20:49 (#387247 - in reply to #387130)
Subject: Here's a link to the stuff we use.

This is no secret stuff or anything. You may have allready used it. However it is a dried blood based product as I recall, and it does work. We may be using it again here a little later as the young arborvitae put on tender new growth.
http://www.dirtworks.net/Plantskydd-Deer-Repellent.html

There are several products like this. In fact I read a home made product of using still hydrated blood from a slaughterhouse and warm water in a spray bottle for the yard and garden. However, I think I'll stick with the processed product.

on edit: I forgot the mention, it was also recomended to us that one can spray this product around the perimeter of the field and maybe a few passes just in from the known path of the deer with fine results as well. You dont have to spray the whole field,...thankfully. After talking with the field man, whom is a long time big game guide, and well known for his guiding skills, told me that basically, if you can apply the stuff and make the time to properly monitor the activity, you can sort of train the deer to believe the place is a risk, and it stays in their mind not to go there. If you dont monitor the field for a few days to know you applied it to the right entries, they may figure it out and learn the risk is not real.

Edited by Old Pokey 5/29/2008 20:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)