AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hay growing questions...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

95h
Posted 5/29/2008 02:00 (#386782 - in reply to #386752)
Subject: Re: Hay growing questions...

Kittitas Co. Wa. State
Wy Dave is on the mark far as cool weather grasses such as Timothy, which loves wet and cold. For your area don't think that is the case is it?
"Direct sales" are better returns, thou the buyers are as described,,, pretty much don't know what good hay is if if fell on them. They go by color, smell, and can be a complete PITA. Half of them come with an attidude they "expect" a special "deal" for them on the price. Learn to be tough nosed about your price and input costs. Thou it's probably a small amout your selling at any one time,, those "deals" can add up quickly to less income.

LOL.. Had a brazen loudmouth say he'd buy a whole whopping 3 ton instead of 1 ton IF I'd sell the hay to him at 1/2 the sale price. I replied,, "SURE! long as you go to all my supplier's, tell and convince them I should only pay 1/2 the costs of my inputs, like Fuel-parts, baler twine, etc.. " Loudmouth quit his yapping about his "special deal",, and went ahead and bought 3 ton anyway! LOL.. he has not been back since,,, here's the hilarious part,, he sends his wife to buy the hay at my set price. !!!!

I'm NOT out to screw anybody,, BUT I deserve a reasonable return for my effort/knowledge/input costs etc. And NO I am not going to be apologetic for it !!!

just my 2 cents
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)