AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What about these #@$@@ geese eating my corn!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

davpal
Posted 5/29/2008 00:44 (#386751 - in reply to #386686)
Subject: RE: What about these #@$@@ geese eating my corn!

Mid Michigan
We have some wetland ponds on one of our fields and some state land right next to it with more ponds. We also have pond in a wheat field and this spring the geese were all over. I know it really makes you mad sometimes. I was more mad at the excess deer population. One day I parked the car and ran out and chased them off. It was just dry enough I could barely walk across without sinking in the field but I kept chasing them. They kept landing about 300 ft ahead of me and if I came farther they would take off again. By the time I had walked about a half mile they took off and headed southeast about a mile. Then they circled about 2 miles to the north. Then they headed about a mile west again and came back to the east behind me and landed right back in the same pond I just chased them out of. I pretty much realized unless I was going to be there every second of the day to chase them and the deer away it was pretty much useless I just quit worrying about it and they seemed to finally leave. I don't mind a few of each species out there, thats what the land is for, but I hate when one species comes along and overpopulates the area. This year it was the deer. I was going to get a shotgun out and try to scare them but I am sure they would have been back again the next day anyway. Good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)