AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

this really eats at me
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

DaleK
Posted 5/28/2008 21:25 (#386590 - in reply to #386518)
Subject: Re: this really eats at me

East-Central Ontario
Depends on the services that are included. I know one of the chem/fert dealers here keeps track of EVERYTHING, he found that over 80% of the damage to spreaders happens with customers buying less than 20 tons of fertilizer a year even though they're WAYYYY less than 80% of the sales. Too many guys trying to spread with underpowered tractors, getting stuck, beating the heck out of the equipment where the bigger guys have the right tractor for the job.
Then there's the weekend warrior who HAS to have a load delivered in time to spread it Saturday morning, then decides to go fishing instead and leaves the spreader sitting. Won't spread Sunday. Too tired through the week. Takes the tarp off to make sure he didn't get screwed. 2" of rain. After calling him for two weeks they go pick up the FULL spreader, rent a jackhammer to get the fertilizer out, repair the apron chain, and the guy's threatening to sue because he didn't give them permission to take THEIR spreader back. And they aren't surprised because this is what they get with smaller customers EVERY year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)