AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No till Corn on Corn at an ANGLE to the old rows...technology changes things (video and pics - work)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

joeatdawn
Posted 5/25/2008 11:53 (#384437 - in reply to #384345)
Subject: good post

If you put corn in a laboratory hydroponic environment how much N does it take to grow a bushel? Take the environment out of the equation. Do you know? Is it one pound? I doubt it. Approaching a "black box" level of fertilizer use is the goal. I find your philosophy of using more just "because" really senseless. 10 years from now you won't have the luxury of having it. We're planning ahead for the future. Will you feel the same way if the cost of fertilizer doubles or triples from todays levels. There is no logical case to be made for over fertilizing- why does it bother you so much that people might want to try to cut their rates back? Technologies like Greenseeker are a hint of what's to come even if they are not mature. Real time analysis and sensing. Giving the plant exactly what it needs when it needs it. Not just dumping it on because corn is at 6$. I can almost guarantee you that the fall application of nh3 is a practice that will not be tolerated by the regulating bodies in the future. Again, just planning ahead.

Edited by joeatdawn 5/25/2008 11:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)