AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No till Corn on Corn at an ANGLE to the old rows...technology changes things (video and pics - work)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 5/25/2008 01:14 (#384278 - in reply to #384026)
Subject: RE: To Fred, if that is your real name

Driftless SW Wisconsin

I did not read your post as an "innocent little jab".

As I said in my post, everyone is free to farm as they feel best for their location, crops, desires etc. I try to emphasize there is no one "best" way to farm. The "best" way may differ across the road. Strip till, Notill, Ridge till, Min Till, Conventional Till...there is a place in agriculture for all of them. Even one farm may use different methods in different years, situations etc.

These are like tools in a toolbox. The more different tools you have the more likely you will be able to build or fix something or respond to changing conditions/weather/input cost changes etc.

I post things on here that I find interesting.  The Gfx combined with mapping, shutoffs, Precision Planting's seed sense monitor, corn on corn notill in dry areas of SD I found to be very interesting. The unique thing about this situation is that the Gfx action really did a nice job of cutting through the old corn rows at an angle.

Is this appropriate for Springfield IL? Probably not. But I think most of us choose to spend some of our valuable time on this site because we learn something new. I know I do.

Seems like it would be rather boring if we all did things the same way.

You don't need to agree with me, Paul or anyone else here. But I enjoy this site to much to see it devolve with "innocent little jabs" like yours. Many of us saw that happen to another site we used to frequent.

Many of us have been on this site and its predeccessor for 10 or 12 years now.  I believe your post was your "first" at least under that name.  You sure have a lot of things figured out in your "first" post. This site is much more interesting when we all observe some manners and treat each other with respect, whether we agree with them, "like" them or not.

Jim at Dawn

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)