AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No till Corn on Corn at an ANGLE to the old rows...technology changes things (video and pics - work)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

greenpaint1
Posted 5/24/2008 09:38 (#383819 - in reply to #383747)
Subject: Re: No till Corn on Corn at an ANGLE to the old rows...technology changes things (video and pics - w

Strip Till in our area looked great the last three springs because they have been relatively dry which made me wonder why I wasn't trying some. But after this year I am not sure, everyone that I talk to that strip tilled or no tilled is cussing it. I am not saying one system is inferior to the other but for a 25 dollar an acre savings or 5 bushel I am not sure I would take corn that is planted towards the end of May versus corn planted at the end middle or end of April in this area. People might not criticize you guys for strip tilling if all the comments weren't made about how farmers that do conventional tillage are just wasting fuel. I know my landlords are happy right know because their corn is in and up and looks great versus some strip till in the area that looks like it was way to wet to get in and a few ruts out there. Just my .02 cents don't flame me too bad!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)