AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How much Glypho to kill 8" Annual Ryegrass???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

95h
Posted 5/23/2008 22:37 (#383616 - in reply to #383561)
Subject: What I would try,,

Kittitas Co. Wa. State

In my area we have what’s known as joint grass, it’s a perennial, no leaves at all, and if you pull on the stem it will actually pull apart-top part of the plant comes off and the bottom merrily continues on growing. grrrr….

I sprayed a couple of times with roundup spot spraying around the headlands (d@mm stuff loves water!) had zero effect.  Talked to my fertilizer/chemical dealer.. He said the joints are nature’s way of survival and with no leaves it is like peeing on a stick.. it takes a high dose of sticker to make the chemical stick to the stalks so the plant will absorb it.  So to kill the stuff even a minute amount of 24D would do the job well the secret is the spreader sticker. He said to use about 3-4 times what would normally do the job, so I did.  The high rate of spreader/sticker did work!  The joint grass did pull in the 24D and killed it d.e.a.d !!  FINALLY !!

2 quarts is enough to kill trees,, so if it were me I would add 3-4 times the amount of sticker so the roundup will stick to plant stems below the joints.  

just my 2 cents

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)