AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Applying N while planting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Greywolf
Posted 5/23/2008 07:42 (#383170 - in reply to #382823)
Subject: Re: Applying N while planting

Aberdeen MS
Dave,

I've never seen it done on 60's with the planter. But using Ed's guide of 1"/10#...... 150# is right on the money for the limit. 50 gallons is touching that 150# mark.

Personally myself, I'm not sure I'd be comfy with that much 4" deep (assuming you are getting 4" on the planter coulter), you are doubling the amount in the "trench" going on 60's vs 30's. Soil structure is a bit different mid June sidedressing vs plant conditions, add in the fact of the "normal... usual" rains between planting and normal sidedress time, that concentration might lead to a bit more leaching??? Not sure.

Utilization I don't think would be the problem child, getting the 28 to stick around long enough that concentrated might be tho.

Good thought and question. With talk of $200/barrel crude by fall, translating that into $$/gal fuel costs, doubling up on operations is going to be a bit more on the forefront of everyones mind I think. Plus the fact of the even more increased $$ on fert costs due to the high crude price, bang for the buck is going to be imperative for many.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)