AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

price of alfalfa hay
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Blossom
Posted 5/22/2008 14:12 (#382728 - in reply to #382576)
Subject: After some thinking............

Ok wildman,

1st, do a search for the Illinois Family Farms threads. Everyone beats the piss out of them for growing & growing but they run it like a BUSINESS. So, its pretty convenient to jump back and forth with this whole lifestyle of farming vs. business of farming thing. So, if you ask a farmer to consider his customers, it falls under the "do the right thing" which falls under "lifestyle" which means I farm because I want to farm.

2nd, my margin for my business as the middleman is fixed whether its $50 or $500.

3rd, I have handled the hay on these farms for 10 years, uh I know what I'm talking about.

4th, The customers for this stuff, (the actual end-users) not Anderson, Calaway or whoever, are going to give it up and go out of business. Is it in your best interests to kill your market?

5th, When wheat prices went crazy, wasn't it at the disfortune of others? You make money while others are in drought, flood, etc.

If you would have read the post dingaling (no offense to dingaling) I think I gave my opinion, I asked for yours. Not your opinion on my opinion. And yes it is considered gouging.

And lastly, the "they seem to be financially ok" implies that I haven't had to wire money into their accounts to keep a re-po from happening on equipment the next day. (which I have done) If they haven't ever had to push me to get money immediately means to me that they are "ok". So what attitude are you taking with your customers 95H?

Edited by Blossom 5/22/2008 20:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)