AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Roundup Prices - Real reason for price increases
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 5/22/2008 06:57 (#382493 - in reply to #382026)
Subject: Re: Roundup Prices - Real reason for price increases....Bejing?

Chebanse, IL.....

Let me ask.

Many here seem knowledgable about the "China Syndrome" thing re. mfg of glyphosate being shut down due to Olympics being held in China.

So-was glyphosate the only product mfg in Bejing? Has any other wordly product succumbed due to Olympics? Or just Roundup? How about Steel (the hard stuff-not the old herbicide)? Coal? Gasoline? Anything else that we might know of considered "dirty" to mfg that you have a factual knowledge of & can link to?

Does anyone know why Bejing was the only town in that huge-huge-huge country laden with rivers that mfg glyphosate?

Does anyone know why some Chinese business person couldn't have upgraded the facilities using $2/day labor & stayed competitive with stuff that's mfg here in USA?

I think Olympic sites are chosen about 10 yrs before the event....right? So-they knew 10 yrs ago that they'd be closing these plants for the '08 events? They'll be choosing Chicago very soon as the site for the 2016 Olympics. Boy....they're going to have to do some major overhaul up there!

http://www.boston.com/sports/other_sports/olympics/articles/2008/05/16/chicago_olympic_organizers_file_irs_report/

I'll remain doubtful of the China Syndrome. I also don't believe there was a 2nd plane that crashed into the Pentagon.

Oh...and I don't think the dollar devalued that much in the past 12 mos.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)