AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone here familiar with Cramby?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

biglake
Posted 5/20/2008 23:38 (#381805 - in reply to #381661)
Subject: Re: Anyone here familiar with Cramby?

Homestead Montana
I planted about 200 acres this spring we are in northeast Montana and have grown it here about 4 or 5 years ago I guess I realy liked it for a rotation in our durum peas winterwheat program this is one of those crops that would be nice to be roundup ready as there are very few broadleaf chemicals for it grasses are a snap as you can use assure II on it dont be afraid to use plenty of seed as it is an oil crop and they usually try and repel water we try and seed between 18 and 25 lbs it doesnt like many of its friends around it so too much seed is not good either did this outfit you were talking to have any seed we had a hard time finding seed but did find some close to home we have swathed it in the past as the seed will be ripe and the stalk is still green but it is very prone to blowing so using a roller is a must if you swath it is vey prone to shatter if you try and straight cut it some guys did it both ways we have 9600 John Deeres and they just love the stuff most of it come over the seives as when it hits the cyclinder it turns to dust it is a lot like canola or mustard if that is any help

Dale
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)