AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raining AGAIN in S MN
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Greywolf
Posted 5/17/2008 14:54 (#379912 - in reply to #379840)
Subject: Re: Raining AGAIN in S MN

Aberdeen MS
Confer with Joe per the email I sent him.

My double bar on the strip till set up is on the lower links, not drawbar attached. 2 gauge wheels on each bar on the outer ends. Units are running dead level as measured on flat level cement, entire unit on all four gauge wheels.

Per the tail pieces.

I put on after market new tail pieces from Precision with the adjustable handle and their "stock" spring running it "free". There is pressure on the tail piece, but can lift it with 2 fingers quite easily, might be too much, but much better than what I was in previous years.

I"m not on a towed planter anymore.... 7100. I was "chunking" and pulling some of the side wall up (few seeds on top, but way less than the 7000 did), but my bushings must be worn more than I figured they were on the parallel linkage ( was a tad nose heavy). With the 7100 I can "cheat" to get the units running level. I was paying attention to the bar and markers getting a level "base", but that wasn't cutting it. Worked the gauge wheels/top link to get the units running level... mare tail down.... solved the problem.

This is in conventional till ... top 1/2 to 3/4 inch of soil is dry....... wet and firm underneath. Even with the conventional till, am leaving a "slot" from the openers. This 7100 has been rebuilt from the ground up this spring. RK fix for the gauge wheels, Precision rebuilt kit for the meters + Bullseye tubes, new tail pieces, and the Curvetines. Just have to do the bushings but can get by for this spring or another wet spell.

Edited by Greywolf 5/17/2008 14:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)