AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone sidedressing NH3 w/Dawn coulter stuff?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 5/15/2008 05:48 (#378359 - in reply to #378162)
Subject: Re: Anyone sidedressing NH3 w/Dawn coulter stuff?

Chebanse, IL.....

Cliff stated it well.

We're looking for that low-draft situation also. I don't care about the low-disturbance (we're conventional till), but I'll assume low-disturbance = low draft? A 24r sidedress bar seems questionable to us w/conventional coulter/knife arrangement. We presently have a DMI bar. I don't think I'm interested in skip-row application because of the potential plugging problems I mentioned in an earlier post. I also contacted the company that puts all the gauges on a bar as another poster recommend,  but they don't work w/certain manifold combinations. We have plugging (dirt) sometimes on our "every-row" setup so I have to assume that we'd have same w/every-other row. Also you have increased line pressure per row & sealing becomes even more of a concern, especially with the vapor tube also attached.

The vapor tube concern would have to be solved in my situation. We use a Ravens heat exchanger. I believe 1/2" tubes will work in place of the 3/4" tubes, but you need 2 or 3 tubes to equal 1x 3/4". That wouldn't be the end of the world though.

Liquid would solve some problems. But it creates others. Cost, transportation, spatter, & transfer are probably major concerns. We have been 100% liquid in past yrs also.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)