AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone sidedressing NH3 w/Dawn coulter stuff?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

joeatdawn
Posted 5/14/2008 21:43 (#378147 - in reply to #378064)
Subject: Re: Anyone sidedressing NH3 w/Dawn coulter stuff?

Ron, I only feel comfortable to 140 lbs. Also I would not make a very wide unit with it as it currently is because the unit has limited travel and a lot of wide toolbars have the frame height varying a bit too much. I was just talking to a guy in ND yesterday who has the same unit on the front bar of a kinze planter and he seemed pretty pleased. A "low disturbance" nh3 opener is a subject so nuanced I almost would rather chat on the phone about it. It is not something that naturally wants to work. There will be people doing this and I will pass on info as soon as it is available. Are you familiar with a company called ANH3? A marriage between our products is something worth exploring. "Raven" vent lines are a problem for me to deal with.

I had a new injection shoe design that was spring loaded but it really needs to be made rigid. The old style injection shoe offers adequate performance at modest rates. I can't decide how much effort I am going to extend on the concept of a "low soil disturbance" nh3 opener. What do you think. How many people outside of KS and ND want such a device.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)