AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Couple of pictures from my travels
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

joeatdawn
Posted 5/12/2008 17:37 (#376637)
Subject: Couple of pictures from my travels

Been in South Dakota working on the Remotely adjustable GFX row cleaner. The performance is really promising. We have some detail engineering to do as we prepare to offer this unit for sale for this fall. These guys out there will really shake something out. Big planters and big rocks and a lot of acres per row. Amazingly this unit appears to allow the use of a double trashwheel on 20 inches in no till. At least in the sort of conditions we were in. We went in some wheat and some corn. The corn didn't make much in this area last year (dry..dry..dry) but was heavy in spots. The wheat was quite thick. I was pleased with the corn performance and think 30 inches will be no problem. I am encouraged by the corn performance because while the residue was not particularly thick there were a lot of long stalks laying every which way. This is typically a difficult condition. The remote adjustment lets you get going in a field very quickly and changes settings from wheat to corn very quickly, too. It also lets you raise them up if you go through a mud hole. And if you do start to build a little plug you can actually shake it out by switching the pressure on and off without stopping. Luckily didnt need to do that too much. So the first batch of pictures is a 36/20 DB60 with GFX and Curvetine and all the Deere guidance stuff. This customer also had the 20/20, the esets, and the tru counts. From what I have seen there are very few DB 20 in planters that would not benefit from some additional frame weight on the wings in No-till. The row units at the end of the frame always seem to be running almost on the lower stop.

Next we have a strip till setup very similar to the one that Jim posted about before. Cat tractor, Wilrich Toolbar, 2500 gallon liquid tank, Autofarm Guidance. These guys were down by Mitchell on this day. They had come from a field that was so muddy they removed the row cleaners, which they will put in when they get back to corn ground. These customers were running a Veris Soil Conductivity Cart on about 120ft passes ahead of the strip till bar. They will use this with topography to generate maps.

Just a couple of my many stops. We'll get some Iowa stuff up soon.

(IMG_1945.jpg)

(IMG_1969.jpg)

(IMG_1967.jpg)

(IMG_1927.jpg)

(IMG_1965.jpg)

(IMG_1989.jpg)

(IMG_1995.jpg)

(IMG_2008.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_1945.jpg (89KB - 146 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1969.jpg (87KB - 158 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1967.jpg (85KB - 160 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1927.jpg (94KB - 160 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1965.jpg (105KB - 154 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1989.jpg (62KB - 163 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1995.jpg (101KB - 140 downloads)
Attachments IMG_2008.jpg (91KB - 152 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)