AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pro 600 auto section shut off
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

vvv
Posted 5/12/2008 02:45 (#376320 - in reply to #374406)
Subject: Re: Pro 600 auto section shut off

West Central MN
Thanks for the info. sasnak. I hope you are still checking this thread.

The tractor we are using is a 2008 Steiger 335 which came from the factory with Accuguide installed. So, the GPS is installed on the factory mounted bracket which sticks out from the top, front of the cab. I was told that all of the offsets for the GPS are preloaded from the factory for the tractor so all we had to do was enter our bar distance for the planter and we would be set. We were told to measure from the pin hole of the drawbar to the back of the seed tubes and enter that as the bar distance. We have a measurement of 303" installed as the bar distance. Does that distance seem correct to you for this tractor or do you think we should be measuring from the GPS to the seed tubes?

Product delay is set at zero.

I understand what you are saying about the lag/lead times. What I don't understand is why changing the lag/lead times did not seem to affect the turn on distance at all. It was turning on about 10 feet early with lag/lead times set at 0, 1 or 2 seconds. It almost seems like the shuttoff and turn on errors should be the same both directions. For example, if it shuts off 4 feet too early, it would also turn on 4 feet too early. In my original case, at 1 second lag/lead time it was shutting off 1 foot too early and turning on 10 feet too early. Shouldn't they be closer than that???

We had rain over the weekend so i now have a little time to mess around with this thing a little bit and see if we can get it to work better. Before, I was happy to just the get the shutoff time correct and not worry about the turn on time. It would be nice to get that figured out now though.

Thanks for the help!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)