AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Auto-pilot troubles.....(long)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

jal1975
Posted 5/7/2008 20:51 (#373317)
Subject: Auto-pilot troubles.....(long)

East Central Illinois
For the last three days I have tried, along with my dealer, to make the autopilot on my SPX 3150 work without great success. I am running Insight ver 5.1, Nav II 4.51 and a 252 on RTK. The biggest issue has been the ability, or lack their of, to hold the line. My cross track errors will run low for a little bit(less than 2.5) and then begin to get larger and larger, over 8 inches at least. Over the last thee days we have tried the following.
Replacing the Nav II
Replacing the 252
Recalibrating many, many times.
We have checked hyd pressure at the steering cylinder, slightly above spec at 2185lbs.
Checked for play in steer linkages, all good there
Checked and added more air pressure.
Been on the phone with Trimble many hours now over two days, made more changes than I can remember in the advanced configs, lots of different setting.
Tried several different profiles, include CIH SPX 3150-85 BA, RC and the Case profile as well, and a 3320 profile today too.
Our dead zone are running in the 42-46 range, tried up to 50.
Changed P-Gains all over the board.
Replaced steering sensor.

For anyone with experience in SPX sprayers of any size, I would appreciate your input, including any setting you are using and what kind of cross track error you experience.

We have also noticed when running the same equipment in an accuguide ready MX245, that there is more wiggle to the row than is expected, and we are wondering if now that problem is multiplied by our higher ground speed. My cross track error would run up to 4 to 4.5 inches at times with the MX, average probably being 2-2.5 inches. I had blamed this on rough cloddy ground conditions, but my dealer looked at it and said, no it should be better. This led us to start replacing hardware, with the only remaining component being the Insight. Anyone ever had problems with the Auto pilot on the Insight? I really wish it had an average cross track error like the pro 600.

My dealer and Trimble have been very good during this, still working, not giving up. Any thought are welcome.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)