AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 4430 vs 4440
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fla Veggie Farmer
Posted 8/20/2006 06:53 (#37328 - in reply to #37293)
Subject: Re: JD 4430 vs 4440

Southeast Florida
I can't remember the S/N break but the early 4430's were nothing much more than a 4520 with different sheet metal. They had small axles 88m (I think) with light duty finals. You could actually swap parts with a 4020. The 4430's all had the small front spindles (6 lugs implement) where the 4440 had the heaver 8 lug front wheels. The 4440 had the 6466T the 4430 had the 6404T engine. The 404's where ok but the fuel injection system with the injectors would get fouled up and poor starting would happen. Most of our 4430 were addicted to crack (either) to get them started in the a.m. in S FL so I could just imagine how bad they'd be up north. Hydraulics were pretty much the same on all JD's until the 7000 series came out with the PFC (pressure flow compensating) closed center system. They all had a charge pump and a piston pump up front @2250 psi the flow rate was different is the only difference on all JD's from this era. All of the 10-55 series remote blocks are plagued with high pressure leaks. They are easy to find, get an infrared gun that give you heat temperature and start shooting the hydraulic system on the tractor and you'll find the leak, it'll be the hottest place on the tractor other than the exhaust system.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)