AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

sprayer wheel motors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bleedred
Posted 4/20/2008 21:20 (#362258 - in reply to #362108)
Subject: Re: sprayer wheel motors

East Central Ia
Walker has updated theirs as well. You still find older style ones but you have to go back into the late 90's model years. They are the ones with 10 bolt hubs... the heavier wheel motors they went too have 8 bolt hubs. You will find some that have 8 bolts on the front and 10 on the rear... this is fine since the front motors do most of the work.

We have a 98 Walker and had trouble with the front wheel motors (old style)... avoid this at all costs. We rebuilt the front two motors to the tune of about 8k/per if I remember right... Sunsource did the work. The bad part was a newer guy at Sunsource apparently did the work and "misinstalled" a snap ring that came apart and wrecked the entire motor... they replaced it under a one yr warranty, but they tried their hardest to get out of it.

After that I lean more towards liking the planetary motors... but my neighbors have had great luck with rogators. They change all the oil in it every year. I really like the 3320 sprayer as well... I might be looking for a nice used one to trade my Walker on in a year or two.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)