AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven flowmeter voltage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pknoeber
Posted 4/20/2008 16:10 (#362058 - in reply to #361314)
Subject: RE: Thanks everybody. I think I found it...

SW KS, near Dodge City
Checking the flowmeter about 800 different ways, replacing the pump control servo & adjusting it about six ways from Sunday, and everything else I think I've finally found it.

So here's some background: the Rogator w/ the 661 controller controls the volume/rate by varying the hydraulics using the above mentioned servo. It also has external boom section switches on the hydrostat handle. They were working fine. Turn one on, boom section turned on. Turn one off, boom section turned off. The Rogator I have uses air-actuated bray valves. However, once I'd checked, double checked and replaced every piece of the system that I thought was bad I had an epiphany. It was acting like it was only recognizing a few boom sections... Well, this is where I'm not a big fan of Rogator's design. The boom section switches on the hydrostat don't tie directly into the raven. They go out of the cab back to a control box at the boom. This control box is where all of the air for the bray valves is distributed. Going into that box is the main connection where all of the sectional controls go in. There's also a power wire that goes to a power strip to distribute power to the sensors that sense when the boooms on. That in turns sends the power back out and back to the Raven. In the picture it flows like this: Control wires-->Power Strip-->Pressure Switches-->Control wires out and back to the cab.

I should've figured this out a LOT quicker than I did, but this winter when I was working on it, I had checked all of those and replaced 2 of them. At the time I checked them, they were all getting power. Must've had just enough corrosion show up between then and now to wreak havoc.

Thanks again for the help.

(Rogator Control Box2.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Rogator Control Box2.JPG (65KB - 234 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)