AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Folding a JD 750 2x15' drill
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 4/20/2008 09:50 (#361816 - in reply to #361780)
Subject: RE: Question, Brian

central - east central Minnesota -
Ed Winkle - 4/20/2008 08:08                                      I like the stalks sticking up to break rainfall splash where the drill is pulling them forward like in this picture but never noticed a difference in the end.  Of course I have never tried to measure a difference in the effect of direction on yield, either.

Do you have any thoughts on this?  All I notice is more stalks getting caught in the drill when you are going this direction but doesn't seem to affect anything.

I've tryed measureing a yeild difference, with direction, and there wasn't one. I haven't noticed alot of difference in emergence between angle drilling and drilling with the planter / combine either. I like the looks of the field when finished when drilled at an angle, but it seems to work best with large fields. For the most part, I follow the planter/combine, primarily due to smaller - odd shaped fields. As you indicated, drilling against the grain - "sticks" alot of corn stalks in the springs, wheels and such. Makes for an afternoon of pulling cleaning interesting sometimes.

(P5100065.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments P5100065.JPG (79KB - 48 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)