AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Long bed VS short bed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

BrentOntario
Posted 4/19/2008 23:05 (#361562 - in reply to #361180)
Subject: RE: Long bed VS short bed

Five years ago, I was looking for used pickup and felt getting another regular cab / long box was a natural. However, I got a good deal from my brother-in-law for one of his busnesses's trucks, but it was a extended cab / short box. After some reluctance, I've gotten used to it, and see the advantages of the ex-cab. Room to carry junk/tools/raingear/calving supplies around. Place for the kids to ride once in a while to the beach. Weatherproof/theftproof space for shopping or luggage on trips. Bed still big enough for ATV and a bit of other stuff. Not sure about the snowmobile, never tried it yet.

Lumberyard is one mile away from my place. An eight foot long 2x4 or piece of interior trim fits perfectly placed diagonally in the short bed. The last time I brought plywood home I just kept the tailgate down. If I had to haul a lot of long stuff then I would just take the tractor and wagon to the place. Neighbour had a ex-cab / long bed, didn't replace it with the same type said it was too long/awkward.

If you really want the most pickup, get the Dodge Mega Cab (sort of an extended crew cab), and have an aftermarket conversion company replace the short bed with a long bed. With dual wheels, parking this rig would be a real pain in the @ss, need to find four empty parking spaces all together.

http://www.megacablongbed.com

Edited by BrentOntario 4/19/2008 23:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)