AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Baling Hay Custom Rates This Year?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 4/19/2008 08:46 (#361103 - in reply to #361089)
Subject: RE: Baling Hay Custom Rates This Year?

Saronville NE
We got $11 last yr for net wrapped 5x6 bales, are thinkn about going to $11.50, net wrap is higher have my own dealership and my cost alone is $23.35 a roll more than last yr, and then like you say fuel is higher I prepaid (I hope enuff for the whole yr at 2.90. We got $10 for swathin last yr, are thinkn about going to $10.50, or instead of 125 an hr going to 150 an hr, it depends if we are cuttin alflafa or grass or feed on what we charge, we are runnin a SP discmower. Always used to throw the rakin in cause it speeded up the balin so much but with fuel we arent this yr, thats going to be $2 an acre and if its not raked and thin, I wont bale it. Now I love the job my wheel rake does versus a rollabar rake, but if you arent using a hicap wheel rake and just using a carted wheel rake, then the rollabar would pry be better. Agree with the price of fuel, repairs, net/twine, and price to replace equipment no use doing it for nothing, gotta make money or might as well go do something else. Its a business, just like in town, if they dont make money they close up, so no reason we should work for nothing either.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)