AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight multi product setup
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/19/2008 06:14 (#361050 - in reply to #361011)
Subject: RE: Insight multi product setup

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
A simple approach is to physically unplug and swap the two LCM's. I run into this where I have one LCM in the tractor and the other on the sprayer. Since mine are in toolboxes in each location, it is quite easy to unplug them and swap them if necessary.

If you do this you will soon see why it is a good idea to use the electrical grease supplied as the connectors may be hard to remove otherwise.

Another approach is to REMOVE the overal CONFIGURATION that you created and rebuild it with the opposite serial numbers for the LCMs.

Also remember that both LCMs will need to have the implement switch jumper installed if not using an implement switch.

If you are using an implement switch you will probably want to have a single switch leading to both LCMs. If so, run Pin A from one of the LCMs to the switch. Run the returning wire from the switch to Pin B of both LCMs. Thus one LCM implement connector will use Pins A & B while the other will only use Pin B.

Pin C is ground and does not need to be used. It would be available for a relay setup or as a ground for an indicator light.

Each module will need to have a power connection and the CAN connection. The status of the CAN connection can be confirmed by the blinking Green LED on the module. This does not indicate the status of the module power (Gray connector). Your CAN connection must be correct if you are getting an indication that the modules are "out there" on the Insight screen.

Edited by tedbear 4/19/2008 06:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)