AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

atf in diesel fuel
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

95h
Posted 4/18/2008 22:40 (#360935 - in reply to #360782)
Subject: Re: atf in diesel fuel

Kittitas Co. Wa. State
There is a local fair sized trucking company (20 some odd tractors) here locally that collects all their used motor oil and puts it into their fuel tanks. Again as Rich is saying, the local company doesn't just "dump it in". First they have large sophisticated pump filter system that takes everything out of the oil then into a holding tank. So, as 1 truck has it's oil change, it gets the gallons of cleaned oil from the last truck that had it's oil changed. Works out to about a 10% oil fuel mix. Knowing the owner, he would not have the machanic's cycling the oil that way if it was illegal or cost him $$$$$ in additional repairs.

Around here, guys can't even give away their used oil,, ya gotta pay somebody to come get it. Can't use it for dust control,, DOE will be all over ya like white on rice. Can't use it for this, or that, or...... so what is a person to do with their used oil??? Paid enough for it new,, irks me to death to have to "PAY AGAIN" to get it hauled away. Especially since the idiot(s) that get that oil SELL the stuff I had to pay twice for !?!?!?!?! grrrrrrrrrrr ! !!

just my 2 cents.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)