AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dawn Pluribus
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Agri-Vation
Posted 4/16/2008 08:04 (#359082 - in reply to #358945)
Subject: RE: Dawn Pluribus

Thanks for the reply Jim, I was hoping you might have some ideas for me! Yea, it's the unit from Menno, S.D. and it is on a JD7100 planter frame, for now. I have the steel and an old folding White planter sitting here to make it into a folding toolbar(new 7"x7" tube sure isn't cheap!), this was a last minute deal so won't happen for this spring, hoping the JD frame will work for now! It's going on the back of a 1330 Flexi-coil air cart with 3pt so lifting won't be an issue and pulling with a JD 7810 so power shouldn't be an issue ( pull a 20' toolbar @7.5" spacing easily). May end up making my own fert tubes, they look fairly simple. So what is involved to update to newer style units and what are the advantages?
The cart won't allow the toolbar to float very much, but can put down pressure on when needed, will this be a problem?
As a side note the International Plowing match is going to be a few miles away this fall(100000 +people hopfully), and I would be glad to sign some of my fields done with the unit, or even do some demos during the show if you were interested in doing some in Ontario.
Thanks again, and feel free to e-mail me directly with any questions or suggestions!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)