AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dawn Pluribus
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 4/15/2008 23:45 (#358945 - in reply to #358770)
Subject: RE: Dawn Pluribus

Driftless SW Wisconsin

Dear Steve,

Congratulations! we have had a lot of interest from Ontario but I am not aware of any units actually in service there yet. Kearney is a good planter attachment dealer for us and should be a good source for most common parts. Checking as best I can tonight, I do not see any open order for Pluribus parts to Kearney nor any recent order in our system for Pluribus parts.

We take great pride in our parts service improvements this year and have shipped most parts orders the same or next day from when they are received. I will check with Mark on your order tomorrow. You can get much of your Pluribus part information here . See the Model 7772 info on the bottom of the page.

If you purchased the machine that was in the Menno SD area please be aware that is an early model unit. We do have update kits available which you may or may not need depending on your conditions. That was also on a very light weight toolbar - maybe 7100 planter - as I recall.

As far as setting, the basics are to set the tool bar height at 20" just like a planter and then square with the world by adjusting the top link. Choose either 4 or 8 springs - usually in the spring of the year on that model we hook up four per row. Set your depth by adjusting the gage wheel so that you can just get the thick part of your hand (about 1.5") between the RH coulter support casting and the ground. Then spin the Trashwheel adjusting knob down until you just feel resistance from the soil. And you should be ready to go.

Note with dry fertilizer the critical speed to obtain good mixing is about 5-5.5 mph min. 6-7 mph is a good speed range to target with that unit. You can do higher speeds with our high speed kit.

Running the row unit level is important. On a mounted bar you can tweak performance in wet or dry conditions by slightly raising the nose of the units in a wet spot or dropping them slightly in a hard dry spot. Slightly.

For maintenance you will want to go over all the hubs, remove the stainless steel pipe plugs, hand screw a 1/8-npt straight zerk in and pump grease thru each hub until you see clean grease come out around the seal in back. You wont hurt this type of seal it is meant to purge. Then remove the zerk replace the plugs, give the parallel link zerks a couple shots of grease and you should be done greasing for the year.

As far as parts, most hub components, bearings, seals, seal ring, etc are available off the shelf at Kearney or any John Deere dealer.

If there was one thing you may want to have on hand, it might be one lead coulter and hub assembly. This could also be used in the rear in a pinch.

I will check to see where your parts order might be - it is not in our order queue - tomorrow.

Good luck this year. If you have operational questions our toll free 800 telephone number should be good through most of Canada.

What toolbar are these on? What tractor are you using? What residue will you be planting into? You won't need much hp but on an 8 row mounted unit you will need 3-pt lift capacity and maybe some wts on the front end for transport. Best of luck.

Jim at Dawn

Edited by Jim 4/15/2008 23:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)