AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight/Autopilot Update confusion
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Mbmaring
Posted 3/29/2008 09:48 (#344585 - in reply to #344547)
Subject: Re: Insight/Autopilot Update confusion

North west MN
<p>I also tried to update the nav 2 to 4.51 and it did not work with the insight. I did not have a chance to try it with an EZ-Guide I just changed it back to 4.42 as it was the only other firmware I could find and it worked just fine. I am glad to hear that 4.51 works with the 500's as I was thinking of waiting on the update on other autopilots with 500's after the first problem I had with it and the insight. </p><p>Do you think the update on the 500's is big improvement? I tried the free form pattern and that looked nice as you could have 3 ab lines and move back and forth from both headlands to up the field. I tried to restore one of the free form patterns and it brought back all 3 ab lines so that will be nice for spraying after seeding being able to restore all 3 patterns in the field at once. I haven't this in the field yet just testing on the road as we are still in snow banks. I found another problem with an autopilot install on a 4840 and a 4640 JD they had in the instructions that the return flow from the autopilot should be plumbed into the side of the HYD outlet like you would on a power beyond. This did not work very well as there is some back pressure on that port and it is enough on some tractors to affect the steering when you use any of the HYD outlets. I ended up returning the flow from the autopilot into the big plug on the back of the differental housing and problem solved. </p><p>I sent you an email on those relays we talked about earlier if you could make them for me it would be great or let me know were I can order them.</p>

Edited by Mbmaring 3/29/2008 09:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)