AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ez-guide 500 coverage switch?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/25/2008 06:19 (#341294 - in reply to #341236)
Subject: RE: Ez-guide 500 coverage switch?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Concerning the coverage map - You have the choice of turning it ON/OFF manually, automatically when assisted steering is engaged/disengaged (if you use assisted steering), automatically with EZ-Boom (if you are using it) or by an external switch. It sounds as if you would like to use a switch.

You can use an optional serial cable from Trimble to accompish this. The part number escapes me off of the top of my head but is referred to in many earlier posts by alange. You would not have received this cable with the basic package.

The cable I am thinking of is often referred to as the "hammerhead cable" as it has branches for a keypad, GPS out and a three pole weatherpak. Two of the three pins on the weatherpak are used for an external switch while the third pin is for radar out.

Earlier posts refer to the actual pins that can be used for just the coverage switch if a person would want to make a "homemade cable". Do not feed power into any of these pins from an outside source as damage is quite possible. If the coverage map is to be triggered by another device (spray controller etc.) use a relay to connect/disconnect the pins on the 500. The relay can be triggered by the other device.

Once the switch is installed, the menu setup would need to be changed to have the coverage controlled by the switch.

Edited by tedbear 3/25/2008 06:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)