AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fix old lawn mower or buy new?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

davpal
Posted 3/16/2008 20:59 (#335429 - in reply to #335390)
Subject: Re: Fix old lawn mower or buy new?

Mid Michigan
John, it was a year old left over in the crate model. It was $5699 and ended up being $6200 out the door. I could have got the one with the 25 hp and 72 inch mower deck for about $900 more. That would have been way to big for my yard. Too much junk to mow around with not enough room in between! I have looked at a lot of these ZTR mowers over the years and they all look pretty good to me. Even most of the home owner models would make me happy to have. I have looked at Yazoo, Lexmark, Cub Cadet, Dixon, Hustler, Toro, Gravely, John Deere, Swisher, Craftsman. They all look pretty user friendly. All the commercial models are very heavy duty and use lots of parts that are pretty tough. Light duty models are still very fast and handy but just use lighter duty parts. Depends on if you want to spend $2900, $4200, or $6200 or even up to $10-$12,000 for some of the high end Kubota's with the diesels in there. I do want to get a roll bar for mine this year because I do have some ditches to mow. Only problem with them is you hit tree limbs. My friend bought a brand new JD ZTR mower with the 44 inch deck and 19 hp kawasaki motor last year. He unloaded it out off his trailer and while his wife was watching him show off he hit a tree limb and almost flipped it over backwards! He took the rollbar off that day and other than his pride nothing was hurt, luckily. Those mowers are taking off like wildfire around here in the last five years. Almost every farm you drive by has one now. In just a few mile stretch around here we have about 3 toro's , a couple of Yazoos, a couple of cub cadets, and some Gravely's. I would like to have a snowblower for mine. That would be a force to reckon with. For now it just has yard duty. Later.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)