AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

questions on a 1680
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 3/8/2008 09:31 (#328903 - in reply to #328668)
Subject: Something to look into.....

is something similar to this. Kile flight modification Ron Kile now offers these knives sharpened and ready to go with his kit. Put a new or make sure your kidney is sharp and square, and adjust the knives up close, say somewhere around .020" average. If you have an afx, you can still use the same principle, just takes more work. This "scissor" action will solve a lot of problems in tough material. Case now has the "anti-wind" devise for the kidney as they were having trouble with wrapping, and now there is a weld on kit to extend the flights into the rasp bar area to help the material stalling problem the afx's have.

Have you ever tryed the middle position with the transport vanes? I found in the crops that I harvest, sometimes the vanes, when too steep, can act as a retarder and increase the roping effect of the material. For the vanes to transport properly, the material has to slide along them. Green, or somewhat sticky material will not slide well, even on chromed vanes.

My disclaimer is: I dont run any beans. I just have run some tough grass straw which gives similar problems as far as I can tell from reading the descriptions of running grean stem beans over the years. So these thoughts are just that, thoughts and my opinion.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)