AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's gonna give first????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 2/27/2008 14:43 (#320933 - in reply to #320885)
Subject: Re: What's gonna give first????

Kansas
How long has it been starting to get bad for you though? "here", we've only experienced pain on pricing starting this year. For the last 3 noone has griped. You wait, The ones in it for the long haul with numbers will last. One of these days mr. part timer is gonna get tired of loosing his butt on his 20 head hobby herd and then you'll be back in the running.

It's no different than trying to rent farmland. I'm learning this waiting game can take decades before it pays off. Just be smart, tough, and weather the bad with the good.

In my opinion, we aint' seen anything yet. I'm still adament about believing in seeing a 7 dollar bushel corn price in the future and Fats slip off in the low 80's whereas they are in the high 80's to low 90's now. Not to mention, fuel surcharges on anything trucked is going to bite us in the arse. I think this is just the start of about a 5 year ride IMHO. That's just me though, My crystal ball doesn't always agree with how things actually turn out.

If we'd happen to see some mad cow outbreaks everywhere besides the usa and brazil starts flooding our markets with cheaper ethanol, or, we have a major bumper crop this fall, Watch for things to be all gravy in the cattle market again.

as I said though, I'm merely guessing. I still think we arn't to bad but then again I'm sitting on more damn alfalfa then I know what to do with and I won't give it away and all the buyers want to steal it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)