AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

overnight corn -4 beans -6 wheat +90
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

beh
Posted 2/26/2008 10:14 (#319830 - in reply to #319547)
Subject: Re: overnight corn -4 beans -6 wheat +90

Heil Harvesting, Ulysses KS/Limon CO
Specs give the market liquidity, they will buy when no one else will buy and sell when no one else will sell--the futures markets would be worthless wiht out the specs....

Seems to me you can be a speculator and as long as you lose money you are a farmers best friend, you make money though you are the lowest form of life, or worse. WTF? the farmer owes the speculator or the market would not work. Plain and simple. With out them there would be no futures market.

I work the futures market every day from an ag risk stand point so do not give me any crap about how I am just a spec and should be banned from the markets too.

One last thing--why is it ok for a farmer to speculate but not ok for anyone else? And yes, let me clear this up, your neighbor at coffee this morning that cussed the speculator, he probably called his broker on the way home and put in an order.

Sorry for the borderline rant--I know the markets aren't there for the speculator but the speculator is neccesary, if you want to hate on them fine, but know they do a favor for you every day.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)