AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone know of website with specifications of moveall trailers??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jakescia
Posted 8/2/2006 10:31 (#31942 - in reply to #31838)
Subject: I wish "Sometimers" were only just setting in "here"..........

Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577

I've been known to look at my own kids and have to ask them their names!

Yes.......we have a 42' Red River belt bottom with 41 inch wide belt.

Now that we have used it for some time, I cannot imagine being without it. 

Because the semi tractor gets such good mileage, we can actually haul grain with that heavy trailer cheaper than we can with the trucks and pups, and have put a "hood" on the rear end to keep it from flinging grain when the flaps in the belt rollover at the back.

Doesn't work so good if it gets overloaded--------I happened to get into some just really heavy wet litter one day.........and didn't compensate enough.........and grossed 103,000 (65 net) at the scales before I left the confinements..........but since it was on a weekend, decided to run it home anyway.

No problems getting it home---------but it wouldn't unload. Just not enough hydraulics.

Main Man got the backhoe out, and pulled enough out the rear that the hydraulics functioned ok.  (I never did let on that I heard him quite clearly mutter under his breath something about "....friggin' amateurs")

Prior to that we had some trouble with the hydraulic motor.........changed that out, and barring the grossly overloaded incident, we have had zero trouble with the unit, even unloading 57-58000  net lbs.

Unit weighs right at 17000.

I looked hard at end dumps.........and Badger gave me a short education in those.......so we bot the belt bottom.

Takes a while to clean it out, since the last few lbs of litter will lay on the sides because of the little bit of litter coming from the front will be just enough to hold the little bit on the sides up..........so the entire front has to clean out before the rear will.  When not needing to clean out everything, we just leave that 400-500 lbs in the trailer and get another load.  I suppose a two speed hydraulic system would handle that, but.............

A taller "pan" area would solve that problem.........but not a really big deal..........still beats scooping it off!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)