AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I have a marketing question...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

deereman
Posted 2/23/2008 17:12 (#317567 - in reply to #317467)
Subject: RE: I have a marketing question...

NE SD
They are offering the somewhat of the same thing here also. Example-- I sold corn 5000 bu on friday for jan 09 del at 5.11 cash. With this I pay .10 cent fee (actually they take it out of base price)for there purchase of a at the money dec. 5.50 call. my bare minimum is 5.01 on this deal. I can get penny for penny each cent higher than 5.50 and can exersise this when ever I want. Now heres the other side of this deal. If dec corn closes at or above 7.00 dollars on nov. 21st I have to deliver another 5000 at 7.00/bu minus basis of course. It is a really good deal and people are jumping all over it. You have to be a little careful though as it could be a double delevery.
I am not sure on this but I think what they are doing is buying at the money dec call and selling two 7.00 calls for each contract they set up this way as it is 5000bu min.. I could not do this myself this cheap or even close. They are taking some risk with the selling of calls but they must feel safe that far above the market. I want to do more but am a little scared but it does cover and weather rally all summer. Basis is also a set price so can't gain there either.
They need lots of corn and this is one way they can get it.
Jerry
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)